SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY
Products Liability, Recalls And Your Recovery
Dangerous or defective products can result in serious injury or death for consumers who use them.
Some of the most common categories in which recalls are necessary due to the risk of serious injuries include the following:
- Cars and trucks
- Defective power tools and industrial equipment
- Surgical and medical devices
Manufacturing equipment liability claims in Texas City, Pasadena, Baytown, Beaumont and the Greater Houston area typically involve the oil and construction industries. However, use of almost any defective product can have potentially life-altering and lethal consequences.
At Burwell Nebout Trial Lawyers, we focus on providing representation for individuals who have suffered injury or loss as a result of negligence from defective products.
Our team in League City offers you over 100 years of combined legal experience and local leadership in both trial and negotiations. Our goal is to maximize the compensation you rightly deserve and to help you make informed decisions throughout the legal process.
Please call us today at (281) 645-5000 to schedule a free consultation with one of our talented and resourceful attorneys.
Who Handles Product Recalls?
Governmental recalls of defective products are primarily handled by six agencies:
- The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) handles most household items, including clothing, electronics and toys.
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration issues safety recalls for automotive products, including child safety seats and vehicles.
- Boats are reviewed for recall by the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Food recalls typically originate from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) or, in rare cases, from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Drugs, medical devices and cosmetics are monitored by the FDA.
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has jurisdiction over pesticides and vehicle emissions.
These agencies typically issue safety recalls only when clear and compelling evidence exists of a threat to consumer health and safety. For some people, we understand that the damage has already been done by the time governmental recalls go into effect. We are here to help you gain access to the compensation you deserve, and we are on your side every step of the way.
Negligence Costs Lives
Burwell Nebout has extensive experience representing numerous individuals and families who were injured by defective products. Burwell Nebout has successfully handled injuries resulting from:
- Ford Explorer rollover and Firestone tire failure
- Auto defect cases including crash worthy claims against
- Tire malfunctions including tread separation
- Split rim tires against domestic and foreign manufacturers
For individuals and families suffering in the aftermath of a serious injury or a wrongful death, finding the right attorney is critical to success and long-term financial stability. Our experienced team can help with assertive representation to get your claim heard in court and to secure the full and fair compensation you deserve from negligent parties