SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY
Thoughtful Wrongful Death Claim Representation
We represent families in the Greater Houston area and throughout Texas who have suffered the loss of a loved one due to negligence or deliberate misconduct on the part of companies or other individuals.
Wrongful deaths may result from the action or inaction of others, including:
- Employers who fail to institute adequate safety measures for their employees
- At-fault drivers in fatal car accidents
- Companies that manufacture defective products
- Contractors who are killed due to the negligence of the premises owner, refinery owner and chemical plant owner
If you have suffered the loss of a loved one due to someone else’s negligence, our experienced wrongful death attorneys can help you make informed decisions regarding your legal options. We can help you pursue a claim for maximum compensation and help you hold negligent parties accountable for your losses.
Please call us at (281) 645-5000 to schedule a free consultationwith one of our attorneys. Wrongful death claims we have successfully pursued include those for families from League City, Galveston and throughout the Greater Houston area.
Maximizing Your Compensation for a Wrongful Death Claim
The compensation awarded for wrongful death claims is usually based on the financial and emotional losses suffered by members of the victim’s immediate family. In cases of egregious negligence or willful misconduct, punitive damages may also be awarded to the family.
- Financial damages may include the loss of income to the family over an extended period of time. Medical and funeral expenses are also usually included.
- Noneconomic damages include pain and suffering for the family due to the loss of a parent, child or spouse.
- Punitive damages may also be awarded and are intended to punish individuals and corporate entities for extreme negligence that led directly to the victim’s death.
- Texas is one of 43 states that allow for punitive damages in wrongful death lawsuits. However, cases filed against government agencies may not be eligible for punitive damages awards.
The statute of limitations on personal injury and wrongful death claims in Texas is typically two years. Acting promptly to pursue your claim can allow your family to collect the full and fair compensation to which you are legally entitled.
At Burwell Nebout Trial Lawyers, our team will work with you to ensure that the parties responsible for your loss are held accountable. We are aggressive and proactive advocates of your best interests.