How to Recover Full Lost Wages and Medical Costs
SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY
After a Car Accident, You May Have Several Options for Recovery
Compensation for your medical bills may come from:
- The other driver’s insurance coverage
- Your own personal injury protection (PIP) coverage
- Your uninsured/underinsured motorist (UIM) coverage or Med-Pay
When you need reimbursement quickly, PIP and Med-Pay will be your best options. However, your insurance provider will still not be quick to reimburse you for your expenses. It is best to pursue any financial compensation after a serious car accident with an experienced personal injury attorney.
Unable to Work After Your Car Accident?
If you are unable to work after an accident, your PIP and/or UIM coverage will be important. PIP will provide you coverage even if you have some fault in the crash, and UIM coverage will provide financial compensation if the other driver has little or no car insurance.
Med-Pay will not pay out lost wages claims, and the other driver’s insurance will work to delay any payments until fault in the crash is proven.
PIP coverage will allow you to recover 80 percent of your lost wages, not including taxes and benefits. Therefore, your lost wages recovery will be about equal to your normal wages. However, your recovery will be limited by the extent of your PIP coverage.
Speak With Our Lawyers About Your Individual Options
Our team represents accident victims throughout Texas including Galveston, League City and the Greater Houston area. We will help you find doctors, chiropractors and other professionals who offer deferred payment plans and other options.
Do not let your inability to pay for medical treatment or a lack of health insurance or PIP coverage stop you from getting proper medical care or pursuing a personal injury claim. Although a lowball initial insurance offer may be tempting, we can help you get a better offer.
We will negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf, establish the full and fair value of your claim and aggressively pursue your maximum compensation both in and out of court. We’re on your side. Contact us at (281) 645-5000 or email our team to schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys.
More Motor Vehicle Accident Information
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Federal & Texas Trucking Regulations
- Facts & Statistics About 18-Wheeler Crashes in Texas
- Causes of Trucking Accidents
- Serious 18-Wheeler Crash Injuries
- Get a Fair Settlement for Your Truck Accident Injuries
- 18-Wheeler Accidents
- Wrongful Death Car Accidents
- Sideswipe Collisions
- Red Light, Stop Sign and Yield Violations
- Reckless and Fatigued Driving Accidents
- Head-On and Rear-End Collisions
- Distracted Driving & Texting While Driving Accidents
- Car Wrecks
- The Costs of Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Recovering Lost Wages & Medical Costs
- Negotiating With Insurance Companies
- We Don’t Let Insurers Delay Or Deny Meritorious Claims
- What If I Have No Health Insurance?
- What Should You Do After a Car or Truck Accident?
Book A Consultation Today
- Include a brief message:
- CommentsThis field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
This iframe contains the logic required to handle Ajax powered Gravity Forms.