Get a Fair Settlement for Your Truck Accident Injuries
SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY
18-wheelers are a necessary road menace. Companies need them to transport products and keep the economy running efficiently. However, the size, poor stopping abilities and poor maneuverability of large commercial trucks place motorists who share the road with them at substantial risk.
If you are involved in an accident with an 18-wheeler truck, you need guidance and representation to secure the full and fair compensation you deserve. You need a lawyer who will be on your side 100 percent of the time.
Burwell Nebout Trial Lawyers has been serving victims and their families with high-caliber legal representation since 1970.
Based in League City, we handle cases for 18-wheeler victims throughout Texas, including League City, Galveston and the Greater Houston area, and we have recovered hundreds of millions for our clients.
Tips for Securing Your Maximum Settlement or Jury Award
- After the accident, avoid talking to the trucking company’s lawyers or insurance adjusters. They will try to record the conversation in an attempt to misrepresent your side of the incident.
- Be sure to see a doctor as soon as possible. During your appointment, explain your injuries accurately and follow up with specialists as advised.
- Do not release your medical records to the trucking company’s insurance adjusters.
- Speak with an experienced 18-wheeler accident attorney about thoroughly investigating the incident.
- Photograph the accident site if you can, and wait to have your car repaired until after you have taken pictures of your damaged vehicle.
- Save all your bills and receipts that relate to the accident. For instance, keep your prescription receipts, doctor bills, hospital expense statement, car repair bills and car rental receipts so you will have verification of your total costs.
- Document your health and your recovery daily. Take pictures and write about your condition.
- Follow all medical treatment guidance, and be sure to make it to all your medical appointments as you are able.
Why May the Trucking Company Be Responsible?
Some trucking companies fail to implement and carry out safe driving standards. In fact, trucking companies may implement policies that compel drivers to endanger other people on the road. They do this by making profits more important than people’s lives.
For example, trucking companies put people at risk by requiring their drivers to deliver loads by deadlines that would be impossible to meet without speeding or driving almost constantly. Therefore, other motorists are in danger from tired drivers and from those who break the speed limit to keep their jobs.
Requiring drivers to make several trips without completing a truck inspection is another way that companies put profits ahead of motorist safety. As a result, an 18-wheeler’s parts may fail and cause an accident.
After an accident with an 18-wheeler, you are entitled to compensation for your injuries and lost wages. Our lawyers have the training and experience to protect your rights after you have been in a serious accident involving an 18-wheeler.
Get Top-Caliber Legal Help. Always On Your Side.
With our legal help, you can gain just compensation to cover your expenses, lost wages, and recover for ongoing medical bills. Our experience enables us to aggressively pursue your rights while investigating the accident to hold the negligent truck driver and trucking company accountable. You will have the time to focus on your recovery, rather than being concerned about complex legal issues
We’re on your side. Contact us at (281) 645-5000 or email our team to schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys.
More 18-Wheeler Accident Information
- Federal & Texas Trucking Regulations
- Facts & Statistics About 18-Wheeler Crashes in Texas
- Causes of Trucking Accidents
- Serious 18-Wheeler Crash Injuries
- Get a Fair Settlement for Your Truck Accident Injuries
More Motor Vehicle Accident Information
- Motorcycle Accidents
- 18-Wheeler Accidents
- Car Wrecks
- The Costs of Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Recovering Lost Wages & Medical Costs
- Negotiating With Insurance Companies
- We Don’t Let Insurers Delay Or Deny Meritorious Claims
- What If I Have No Health Insurance?
- What Should You Do After a Car or Truck Accident?
Book A Consultation Today
- Include a brief message:
- EmailThis field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
This iframe contains the logic required to handle Ajax powered Gravity Forms.