Facts & Statistics About 18-Wheeler Crashes in Texas
SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY
In the United States, there are approximately 2 million big rig trucks. Nationally, about 500,000 accidents involving 18-wheeler trucks occur yearly. Of those accidents, an estimated 5,000 result in death. Of these fatalities, 98 percent are the death of the driver or a passenger of the vehicle other than the 18-wheeler involved.
Large, heavy truck accidents cause approximately 130,000 injuries every year in the U.S.
18-wheeler accident injury rates in the Greater Houston area are particularly high. Texas has a high number of annual injuries and fatalities resulting from 18-wheeler accidents. In most years, the number of fatal 18-wheeler accidents approaches 300, and there are over 2,000 related injuries.
- For every 15,000 trucking accidents, there are over 2,000 injuries and nearly 300 deaths.
- Put another way, this is about one injury for every seven accidentsand one death for every 50 accidents.
When 18-wheeler are involved in accidents with passenger vehicles, they frequently result in serious of injuries or death. If you or someone you love has been injured in an 18-wheeler accident, you need an experienced Texas truck accident attorney on your side to fight for you every step of the way.
At Burwell Nebout Trial Lawyers, we have been representing victims and families throughout Texas, League City, and the Greater Houston area since 1970. Based in League City, we can get to the scene of your accident quickly, independently investigate and maximize the value of your case for past, present and future damages and losses.
We’re on your side. Contact us at (281) 645-5000 or email our team to schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys.
More 18-Wheeler Accident Information
- Federal & Texas Trucking Regulations
- Facts & Statistics About 18-Wheeler Crashes in Texas
- Causes of Trucking Accidents
- Serious 18-Wheeler Crash Injuries
- Get a Fair Settlement for Your Truck Accident Injuries
More Motor Vehicle Accident Information
- Motorcycle Accidents
- 18-Wheeler Accidents
- Car Wrecks
- The Costs of Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Recovering Lost Wages & Medical Costs
- Negotiating With Insurance Companies
- We Don’t Let Insurers Delay Or Deny Meritorious Claims
- What If I Have No Health Insurance?
- What Should You Do After a Car or Truck Accident?
Book A Consultation Today
- Include a brief message:
- PhoneThis field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
This iframe contains the logic required to handle Ajax powered Gravity Forms.