Trucking Accident Causes Are Numerous
SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY TODAY
18-wheeler accidents cause a high number of personal injury and wrongful death claims each year. With increasing demands for goods and services to be moved by 18-wheelers, the number of 18-wheeler accidents is on the rise. In South Texas, our regional transportation hub is becoming one of the busiest 18-wheeler trucking regions in the country, causing the devastating statistics of tractor-trailer accidents to worsen.
There are several possible causes of 18-wheeler accidents:
- Truck driver fatigue or exhaustion
- Truck driver error
- Hours of service violations
- Excessive speed and failure to follow rules of the road
- Failure to properly accommodate blind spots
- Brake failure or other mechanical failure
- Debris or articles in the road
- Tire failure or separation
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Unsecured cargo or freight shifting in the payload section
- Unsafe driving practices
- Inadequate safety inspections
The leading cause of 18-wheeler accidents involving a passenger vehicle is truck driver fatigue. In addition to the causes listed above, defects in the 18-wheeler truck itself may contribute to accidents: items including tires, wheels, brakes, engine/transmission, steering wheel, lights and trailer.
18-wheeler accident cases are extremely complicated and aggressively defended due to the high costs at stake. If you are involved in an 18-wheeler accident, it is vital you contact an experienced Texas attorney to fully investigate the possible causes and fight for your full and fair compensation.
Located in League City, we serve clients throughout Texas including Galveston, League City and the Greater Houston area.
We’re on your side. Contact us at (281) 645-5000 or email our team to schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys.
More 18-Wheeler Accident Information
- Federal & Texas Trucking Regulations
- Facts & Statistics About 18-Wheeler Crashes in Texas
- Causes of Trucking Accidents
- Serious 18-Wheeler Crash Injuries
- Get a Fair Settlement for Your Truck Accident Injuries
More Motor Vehicle Accident Information
- Motorcycle Accidents
- 18-Wheeler Accidents
- Car Wrecks
- The Costs of Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Recovering Lost Wages & Medical Costs
- Negotiating With Insurance Companies
- We Don’t Let Insurers Delay Or Deny Meritorious Claims
- What If I Have No Health Insurance?
- What Should You Do After a Car or Truck Accident?
Book A Consultation Today
- Include a brief message:
- NameThis field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
This iframe contains the logic required to handle Ajax powered Gravity Forms.