JAMES D. NEBOUT
James D. Nebout graduated from Texas City High School in 1986, Houston Baptist University with honors with a B.A. in Accounting and Political Science in 1990 and South Texas College of Law with honors in 1993.
He lettered in varsity golf while attending H.B.U. He lives in League City with his two children, Niko and Chloe. James is an avid golfer. Niko attends the University of North Texas and plays on the golf team.
James is past President of the Galveston County Bar Association and past President of the Galveston County Young Lawyers’ Association.
He was the Galveston County Outstanding Young Lawyer in 2004. James is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates, Million Dollar Advocates Forum and is a Life Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation.
Areas of Practice
- 75% Personal Injury
- 25% Commercial Litigation
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Texas, 1993
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1996
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas
- J.D. – 1993
- Honors: With High Honors
- Houston Baptist University, Houston, Texas
- B.A. – 1990
- Honors: Dean’s List 1986 – 1990; NCAA Div. I – Golf Team
- Major: Accounting – Political Science
- BP Texas City Explosion 2005 – liaison counsel
- Deepwater Horizon Explosion
- BP Benzene Release 2010 – M.D.L. Trial Counsel
- Texas City Oil Spill 2014
- Paxl Special Master
- Effects of Settlement, Galveston County Bar Association
- Trying the Automobile Injury Case, Galveston County Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- Lawyers of Distinction, 2019
- Top Lawyer, H Texas Magazine, 2006 – 2007
- Galveston County Outstanding Young Lawyer, 2003 – 2004