Compensation for Medical Malpractice Claims With Burwell Nebout Trial Lawyers
The Civil Justice Resource Group estimates that between 25,000 and 120,000 deaths each year can be ascribed to cases of medical malpractice. Less than 3 percent of all victims of malpractice pursue their claims against the responsible parties. At Burwell Nebout Trial Lawyers, we work with victims of medical malpractice and negligence to ensure that our clients receive fair compensation for their claims. Our personal injury lawyers can pursue wrongful death suits on behalf of Houston families who have lost a loved one due to negligence on the part of medical professionals.
What Is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice is defined as the failure to use reasonable care in treating a patient. Four elements must usually be present to justify a claim of malpractice:
- The patient must have been under the care of the health care provider in question.
- The care provided must have fallen short of acceptable or expected medical standards.
- The patient must have suffered a significant injury.
- The injury must have been caused by the negligence or mistaken actions of the medical caregiver.
Malpractice encompasses a wide range of negligent activities that include the following:
- Misdiagnosis of the patient's condition or disease
- Surgical mistakes
- Errors during labor and delivery
- Negligence during pregnancy, including the failure to diagnose dangerous conditions in both mother and unborn child
- Prescription medication mistakes
- Mistakes in administering anesthesia
- Ineffective or counterproductive treatment regimens
According to information available from the National Practitioner Data Bank, roughly one-third of all medical malpractice claims arise from mistaken diagnoses. Surgical errors account for slightly less than one-fourth of all malpractice suits.
Compensation for Serious Injuries
At Burwell Nebout Trial Lawyers, we offer real support for you throughout the legal process. If you have been injured as a result of oversights or errors committed by your health care providers, we can provide assertive and effective representation for your case. For families in Galveston, Texas City or anywhere in the Houston metropolitan area who have lost a loved one due to negligence on the part of medical personnel, we can pursue a wrongful death case to hold the responsible parties accountable for their actions and to help you achieve some degree of closure regarding your family's tragic loss. By working with our team of knowledgeable and experienced attorneys, you can improve your chances of receiving a fair settlement for your injuries and compensation for your losses during negotiations with insurers and in the courtroom environment.
The Burwell Nebout Trial Lawyers legal team specializes in helping victims of medical malpractice and other types of personal injuries obtain the compensation they need and deserve. Our team of experienced personal injury attorneys can provide the aggressive and effective representation necessary to pursue your case in court and in negotiations with insurance companies.
Contact Burwell Nebout Trial Lawyers today to set up your free consultation to discuss your case and your options with us.