Technological advances have increased the pace of modern business. Rapid communications and computerized contract management strategies allow companies to get more done. However, these same tools can lead to unexpected legal entanglements.
At Burwell Nebout Trial Lawyers, we offer comprehensive commercial litigation representation to protect your company and personal interests in any of the following situations:
- Business dissolution
- Contract disputes/breach of contract
- Contractor and subcontractor disputes
- Commercial lease disputes
- Corporate compliance and governance disputes
- Employment disputes
- Franchise disputes
- Insurance coverage disputes
- Intellectual property disputes
- Partnership/shareholder litigation
- Real property and land use disputes
- Unfair competition and restrictive covenants disputes
We identify and pursue cost-effective means to dispute resolution until such strategies become ineffective. Sometimes disputes can be resolved with a well-written letter. Often, mediation or arbitration can be the forum for resolution in your best interests. However, there are cases in which courtroom litigation is the only path to your best possible outcome.
Our attorneys are skilled in all legal forums and will devise a strategy suited to your best interests. We are on your side and capable of thwarting any threats to your business through all phases of the legal process.
Please call us today at 409-359-4865 to speak with one of our commercial litigation attorneys in Texas City. Our firm has served clients throughout Greater Houston since 1970.
Many cases we handle involve noncompete clauses in employee contracts. Texas law has generally been interpreted to limit the scope of noncompete agreements to cover only a specific field of employment, a limited geographical area and a defined period of time.
- Individuals working in the television or radio broadcast industries, for example, might be subject to a noncompete clause that prevents them from taking on similar employment in the local market for a period of years after leaving their current employer.
- Noncompete clauses applicable to researchers, computer programmers and other high-tech professionals might require them to find work in a different field or specialty area for a period of time after their departure. The cutting-edge nature of their work or the trade secrets to which these key employees have been exposed might make geographical limitations ineffective in protecting the interests of the company.
Pursuing a claim for a breach of contract or a noncompete agreement can be a challenging undertaking. Courts in Texas typically look not only at the actual facts of the case but also at the wording of the noncompete clause and whether it is unenforceable due to its restrictions. Enlisting the help of our team can provide added protection for your company at every phase of the employment relationship.
Enforcing Contract Conditions
At Burwell Nebout Trial Lawyers, we have the experience and expertise your company needs to create workable employment and vendor contracts that will stand up in a court of law. We will help you design noncompete wording for your contracts to ensure that they will be deemed valid in court and will help you pursue other contractual claims in and out of court, including the following:
- Vendor and supplier disputes
- Copyright, patent, and intellectual property protection
- Antitrust allegations
If your company is currently facing a legal battle due to noncompete clause disputes, contract management issues or other litigation, Burwell Nebout Trial Lawyers can provide effective representation for your business interests. Visit our Texas City office, email us or give us a call today at 409-359-4865 to set up your consultation with one of our lawyers.