James D. Nebout
James D. Nebout graduated from Texas City High School in 1986, Houston Baptist University with honors with a B.A. in Accounting and Political Science in 1990 and South Texas College of Law with honors in 1993. He lettered in varsity golf while attending H.B.U. He lives in League City with his wife, Hilary, and their two children, Nikolas and Chloe. Jimmy is an avid golfer, and has helped Niko's high school golf team raise money as president of its booster club.
Jimmy is past President of the Galveston County Bar Association, President of the Galveston County Young Lawyers’ Association and a member of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America and Texas Trial Lawyers Association (sustaining member). He was the Galveston County Outstanding Young Lawyer in 2004. Jimmy is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and is a Life Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation and has been elected to the American Board of Trial Advocates.
Areas of Practice
- 75% Personal Injury
- 25% Commercial Litigation
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Texas, 1993
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1996
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 1993
- Honors: With High Honors
- Houston Baptist University, Houston, Texas
- B.A. - 1990
- Honors: Dean's List 1986 - 1990; NCAA Div. I - Golf Team
- Major: Accounting - Political Science
- PACE Union, Local 4-0449
- International Association of Fire Fighters Union, Local 1259
- Texas City Development Limited, Co.
- Rust, Ewing, Watt & Haney Insurance Agency
- Traylor Refridgeration Co.
- Hopu Corporation - Taiwan
- Sinotrans, Ltd. - Hong Kong
- J.R. Riley Homes
- Butch Harmon
- Pat Hardy Inc.
- Texas Woodmasters
- C.D.I. Inc.
- Effects of Settlement, Galveston County Bar, 1995
- Trying the Automobile Injury Case, Galveston County Bar, 1996
Honors and Awards
- Top Laywer, H Texas Magazine, 2006 - 2007
- Galveston County Outstanding Young Lawyer, 2003 - 2004
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Galveston County Young Lawyers, Pres Elect, 1998 - 1999
- Galveston County Young Lawyers, President, 1999 - 2000
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Sustaining Member
- Texas Young Lawyers Association, Elder Law Committee, 1999 - 2000
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Member, 1994 - Present
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Life Member, 2000 - Present
- Texas Bar Foundation, Life Fellow, 2003 - Present
- American Board of Trial Advocates, 2011 - Present